Friday, January 20, 2012

Day....16!

Position: 15*17N 58*19W
Heading 282*
Speed: 6.6 knots
Miles Sailed: 1978
Miles to go: 177!

Today's update is from Maggie:

WE"RE ALMOST THERE!!! :D We only have like 170 more miles to go!! I can't wait to stop moving!! We've been going pretty fast these past few days and so we think if we can keep this speed (around 6.5 knots) we will be there sometime Saturday night!!

We were trying to think of ways to explain how it feels...the closest we came to explaining it....I think it feels like you are on a hammock for 2 weeks straight and you can't get off! Which is funny cuz I usually never spend like more than 20 minutes on one....Now I might be scared to ever get on another one ever again hahaha xD

So...we're all super excited to finally get there. I think we're planning on making Cinnamon rolls for breakfast the morning after we get there :) We'll finally feel up to eating a big breakfast again.

We caught another fish....a Mahi, it wasn't as big as the Blue Marlin but still we made dad throw it back in after we took a picture....we. just. cant. handle. anymore. FISH!!

We saw a boat today....A tanker ship. The first boat we've seen in over 10 days....that was our most exciting moment, hahaha, we all gathered outside to see it...we almost called them on the VHF just to hear their voices...but that might sound a little desperate, so we didn't.

Some other highlights from the last few days was Levi and Emma had a lemon eating/sour face contest (Emma won) and we figured out a way to shoot clothespins across the cockpit using bungy cords (Emma won that too)

So that's it......the next email will be when we make landfall!

~seven sailors!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie, you sound just a little excited! I bet you all are just about ready to explode! I can imagine, I've been on a boat for about a week at most! A bath will be heavenly! We are still praying while you are still sailing!
The Kirbys

Elle Mental said...

We are so excited for you!! Ten days between sightings of other humans...oh my. We will continue praying for you all and ask Yahweh to bless you with good winds and calm seas and blessings of peace and rest for the sabbath! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOHOOOO....the Hemingways are my heroes! What a unique and special family that conquers what most people would not even dream of doing. Keep the wind to your back (I think) and full speed ahead. Continuing to pray. Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Sooooo excited for you guys! What an accomplishment! The Lord is sooo good! By the way, Jeremy was grieved that you threw the Mahi Mahi back--- it makes great fish tacos! Can't wait to see you and hug you all!

Love, Angie

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. This is so exciting!! Almost there. Praise Abba for good winds. I can just see you all playing these creative new games. Go Emma go!!! I can't imagine being in your shoes, but it has been exciting for me to be a small part watching you all from Oregon online. I've been in some crazy sailing situations with Dwayne. lol And thankful I lived. But my hat is off to you all. And to Abba for being with you and protecting you. Still praying and always will. Love and hugs Nicki