Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hezekiah's Tunnel



One of my favorite things in Israel is Hezekiah's Tunnel. It is located in the city of David, near the Old City in an Arab neighborhood . Hezekiah's Tunnel was dug to get water to the city when Israel was under attack by the Assyrians. you can read about it in 2 chronicles 32, in the Bible. The Tunnel is a long, narrow, under ground cave you hike through. It is full of cold water up to my waist only at the beginning and end. The rest of the tunnel the water level it is only at my ankles. It's pitch dark and you must have a flashlight. if you don't bring one you have to buy one at the front check-in. They are 4 shekels each. Which is about 1 American dollar. I have hiked it 2 times with my family and friends and I still want to go again. It is so much fun :) 

~Emma~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i think it's great that you are writing on the family blog!